Well this is just embarrassing…
Reports are coming in that the Canadian-born artist Chloe Wise, famous for her elaborate polyurethane sculptures of food, was rushed to the hospital late Wednesday evening after mistakenly consuming her entire portfolio.
“I feel like a total numbskull,” said Wise, “Part of me is embarrassed because I always made it absolutely clear to my audience that these are art objects and not actual food, but on the other hand I think it's pretty funny that in the end it was me who fell for it and mistook my own work as actual, edible food.”
You can say that again, Chloe: Total. Numbskull. Move.
Fortunately for us, Ms. Wise was taken to the hospital before the digestive process could begin, so all of the sculptures were successfully removed from her body still intact.
“If you had plans to see one of my upcoming shows you have nothing to worry about. All of the pieces will still be there, they’ll just be covered in bile. But if you ask me, that’s the fun of it.”